You see us everyday in your news feed posting design inspiration or tips for writing engaging social media posts, but what do you really know about Sixth Gear? If the answer is not a clue, no worries, because today we are going to let you in on ten things you didn’t know about Sixth Gear and the team behind it!
- Our favorite projects to work on at Sixth Gear are ones that require the whole package (branding, web design and inbound marketing). Why you ask? For us it is all about consistency. When we get to be a part of an entire brand and design process from logo to the final website launch we know that we can create a cohesive look that collaboratively works together to form a complete, original and successful brand.
- Our team works remotely out of Jacksonville Beach. As lovers of the ocean it was only right that we work from a place where the beach and sand are only a skateboard ride away.
- Music leads our workday. Whenever we need inspiration for a branding or design project we go to our best friend Spotify. Depending on our creative need, our team listens to anything from Dave Matthews and Passafire to Kermit Ruffins and Ben Folds.
- Sixth Gear began as a one-man show. President and Creative Director Corey Adams founded our little agency when a need to combine his business and marketing degree collided with his creative and artistic drive to form a venture that would fuel both of his passions and allow him to work from pretty much anywhere in the world.
- We weren’t kidding with our opening statement “we are a small team that creates vast concepts”. Our team consists of two full time members that work hand in hand to create the branding and web design elements you see everyday. A small team allows us to collaborate on projects and hit every angle from graphic design to copywriting with a clear and singular vision. The Christmas parties are raging as well.
- Sixth Gear’s electronic products of choice are of course everything and anything Apple. Not only does their impressive branding convince us that they are the best choice, our team loves working on them. The versatility of iMacs in the office and Macbooks, iPads or iPhones for the road allow us to have all our tools at our fingertips at all times.
- Afternoon drink of choice for the Sixth Gear Team is none other than Jacksonville Beaches’ Delicomb (whose new location is conveniently just a few blocks away). Their coffee is stellar and gives us that afternoon boost needed to power through long days.
- Our dream project is to work on branding and web design for a luxury car company. If you can’t tell by our agency’s name we are big auto enthusiasts, so working on a design that is centered around well-executed car photography is a dream come true in our book.
- This is Sixth Gear’s first year blogging! Say what!?! Yeah we know for an agency that preaches about the positive effects of blogging it is surprising to hear we only started seven months ago, however the positive perks we throw at our followers is all true. In the first three months of blogging our website traffic numbers nearly tripled. I mean how can you argue it doesn’t work with a stat like that.
- Sixth Gear is an official partner of Downtown Jacksonville’s Connection Festival 2014! We started collaborating with the CF Team in May to rebrand the festival and have since been working closely with their team on continuous web design, marketing strategy/materials, and social media for the September Festival. We will be set up with our booth at the festival getting to know the individuals and businesses of Jacksonville even better, so be sure to check in and give us some high fives.
Still have more questions about what we do here at Sixth Gear? Drop a post or send us a message and we would be happy to tell you more about us, our experience and the work we do!